Hinman Straub PC’s Labor and Employment practice encompasses a wide spectrum of workplace and employment matters. We have extensive experience in handling complex federal and state employment matters for both employers and employees. While our primary Labor and Employment practice focuses on the representation of public employees and unions, we routinely develop preventive strategies and create positive solutions for private sector employers and employees. We partner with employers and employees to devise and ensure compliance with policies and procedures which promote constructive employee relations and limit disputes.
When complaints do arise, we work with both employers and employees to take deliberate action to effect solutions that minimize costs and maximize results for our clients. Whether we are counseling on legal compliance, litigating a complex case, or representing clients at administrate hearings we strive to achieve our clients’ goals.
Our current clients represent a wide range of public and private businesses, trade associations, unions, uniformed officers, private employees and non-profit institutions.
We are experienced in all aspects of employment and labor law including:
- Public Employee Pension and Benefit Administration, Hearing and Appeals
- Employment Litigation: Affirmative Action, Race, Gender and Age Discrimination, and Sexual Harassment
- Preventive Labor Relations
- Collective Bargaining
- Grievance Arbitration
- Employee Leaves
- Wage and hour
- Independent Contractors and Contingent Workers
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Substance Abuse and Drug Testing
- Employee Privacy
- Disability Rights
- Workplace Violence
- Public Employee Disability Hearings (including Performance of Duty and Accidental Disability Hearings)
- Restrictive Covenants and Non-Compete Agreements
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Reductions in Force
- Litigation Avoidance Counseling, including Employee Policy Review
- Class Action Litigation
- Administrative Proceedings on the State and Local level